Integrating your on premises PBX to Microsoft Teams Phone System
Integrate your PBX with Teams Phone System
We offer migration planning, implementation and support services for companies requiring a phased migration to Teams Phone System. Having more than 20 years of experience developing, supporting and integrating with PBX systems our team of experts deliver solutions based on our customers’ unique business requirements.
The Business Challenge
Virtually every organization needs to route calls to appropriate workgroups or departments. However this usually means involving the IT department to set up and maintain the call groups. On top of that, there is little to no reporting for managers to ensure that service levels are being met without blowing the budget on a formal contact center solution.
Common considerations, challenges and issues include:
- Can Teams Phone System completely replace my on premises PBX?
- Teams does not include Contact Center functionality, what are my options here?
- How do I deal with existing IP phones which have not been fully depreciated?
- Can I use my current telco provider with Teams or are there other options available?
- My company needs to migrate to Teams over time, how do I integrate my PBX users with Teams users?
The Solution: Altigen’s Migration Services
Altigen can work with your current Microsoft Office 365 reseller or directly with you, to support your phased migration objectives. We deliver Direct Routing solutions, PBX integration services, advanced applications (such as Contact Center), complete deployment services, training and support.
PBX Integration Solutions for Teams Phone System
Begin deploying users on Teams, fully integrated with your PBX users, until your migration is complete
IM & Presence
All users (PBX and Teams) are able to use the O365 Teams app for enterprise-wide IM & Presence
Deploy our SIP trunks with your current PBX and Teams for a cost effective, seamless user experience
Cloud Contact Center
Enable your current PBX system integrated with our hosted Contact Center for Teams solution
Current PBX and Teams users connect via extension dialing to smooth the migration effort
Skype for Business
Companies using Skype on premises can leverage our Cloud for a phased migration to Teams Phone System
Customer Use Scenario – A Phased Migration Strategy
After evaluating multiple Cloud-based Unified Communications solutions, The Jane Doe Company selected Microsoft Teams Phone System to replace their current LandTel PBX system. Having dozens of regional offices plus an on premises Contact Center, the company needed to migrate to Teams in phases.
- Altigen’s Professional Services team designed a plan for JDC to first deploy Teams for all employees, enterprise-wide, improving collaboration and getting the employees familiar with the new Teams UI.
- Next, based on JDC’s requirement to migrate one regional office per week to Teams Phone System, Altigen developed integration between Teams Phone System and JDC’s LandTel PBX, JDC’s LandTel PBX, enabling all employees to continue to call one another via extension dialing.
Once the migration was completed for all regional offices the corporate HQ users then were migrated to Teams Phone System – which included replacing the expensive LandTel Contact Center with Altigen’s Cloud Contact Center solution. JDC now enjoys all of the benefits of Teams, with a complete Cloud communications solution, all fully supported by Altigen.